Common foot and ankle injuries can be prevented if you are utilizing these helpful tips:
- Warm up before exercise. Many people tend to skip warming up before their run or work out, which can cause more harm than anything, especially to the feet and ankles.
- Wear the right shoes for your foot. This is perhaps the most important thing you should consider before performing any sort of sport or athletic activity. Since not every foot is the same, there are a variety of shoes designed with not only the activity it is for, but to provide effective support for that particular person.
- Replace your shoes. Many people tend to wear shoes that are worn down or worn out, which can lead to injuries, especially since your shoe is no longer providing the right amount of support.
- Prevent recurring injuries. Be sure to wear a brace or provide the right support, especially if you have suffered from previous foot or ankle injuries.
- Know your body. If you are experiencing any discomfort or pain, be sure to stop your activity as soon as possible, and seek the help of a foot and ankle specialist if your pain has not gone away with the proper care and treatment.
If you have any questions, or need help with your foot and ankle injury, contact Foot and Ankle Specialists of Illinois today!