Cracked heels are one of the most common foot conditions that can occur from a variety of things. If left untreated, it may result in a more serious condition that can take a toll on your heels. The Foot and Ankle Specialists of Illinois are here to tell you the causes of this condition and how you can treat cracked heels.
What Causes Cracked Heels?
There are many things that can cause cracked heels and can be a combination of multiple things. It is essential to visit your podiatrist to get an actual diagnosis of your cracked heels. Nonetheless, here are some causes of cracked heels:
– Sudden increase in weight
– Unhealthy skin (dry)
– Standing for a long period of time
– Deficiency in necessary vitamins
How To Treat Cracked Heels
While this condition is common, there are many things you can do to make your heels and feet healthy again including the following:
– Moisturize your feet and heels after you bathe daily.
– Avoid using soaps that strip natural oils from your skin, causing dryness.
– Tend to calluses and other foot conditions.
– Drink water throughout the day to keep your body hydrated and healthy.
– Invest in a better pair of shoes that fit your foot with comfort and space.
For more information or any questions on how to treat cracked heels, contact the Foot and Ankle Specialists of Illinois today.